Today is day 13 of my 100 days of makeup challenge. It’s been a pretty normal Sunday so far so I don’t have anything that exciting. But I’ve been making lists of other blog posts I want to do outside of these 100 days posts, so right now I’m working out what I want to post first and when. I’m thinking either like some kind of review (of what I’m not too sure yet) or maybe a post about my Jeffree Star liquid lip collection (yes I know I’m obsessed with his liquid lips… oh well!) or maybe a makeup collection (but that would be long!). So hopefully something like this will be up soon! If you have something you’d like to see then just let me know!
I’m also going to have a pretty hectic few weeks because these are the last weeks before I graduate college. Which is super exciting but also scary as hell because then it means I’m closer to getting my exam results and I guess that the rest of my life is starting. Especially when like me you constantly have 3 billion lists and everything planned exactly, the unknown scares the s*** out of you! (I can’t be the only one!?)
But back to the known, and not scary things! Today’s makeup!
So I thought I’d go a bit more in detail into what I did to get this look, making this into a little bit of a face routine as well!
- Normally I begin with my eyebrows, I use the Nyx Tame & Frame in Brunette on an angled brush to basically draw on my non existent eyebrows.
- I then prime my lids with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden, and set it with my Ben Nye Neutral Set powder so I have a nice base for eyeshadow.
- For eyeshadow I started with the Nyx Ultimate Shadow Warm Neutrals palette to start to build the crease, and added depth and warmth with the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette (shades bitter and delete). I then used bones and robbery from the UD palette as a base for the lid. Using Elfs Glitter Primer and the NikkietutorialsXTooFaced glitter in gliterally I created the half cut crease on top. (I guess thats what I’d call it)
- Next step was priming with the Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer.
- For foundation I used my new favourite combination of the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation in Mont Blanc and the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Natural Ivory. Something I’ve found makes a difference is that I put the foundation on with the sponge first not my fingers!
- Next I concealed using my LA Girl Pro Conceal in Porcelain.
- Then I set my entire face with the Ben Nye Translucent powder on a damp beauty sponge for some places and the rest with just a flat top brush. And then with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent I dusted the loose powder away.
- For bronzing/ contour I used the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette.
- Blusher was Pamplemousse mineral blush from Becca (I have it in the Jaclyn Hill face palette).
- Highlight on the brow bone, nose, chin, forehead, and tops of my cheeks was with a mixture of Jaclyn Hills Champagne pop and Prosecco Pop. And my inner eye highlight was with Makeup Stores microshadow in Meteor.
- To finish the brows I used Nyx’s Eyebrow Powder in Brunette and their Control Freak eyebrow gel. (It’s not as good as soap brows but it’ll do when I can’t be bothered to get up and walk to the soap!)
- I then set my whole face with the Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day setting spray (the peach one which smells amazing btw!).
- This may now seem a bit weird but now I do my lashes and mascara, I use the DUO eyelash glue, these Cuci Yours 762 Fashion Eyelashes and a coat of Volume Million Lashes Extra Black by L’oreal.
- My lipstick is No7’s Moisture Drench lipstick in Caramel Silk with Rimmel’s Kate Moss Nude in shade 40 in the centre.
- And thats it! Thats what I used to create today’s look!
Can you guess what else is different today? Yep! I cut my hair! I so so wanted to grow it long but it just doesn’t look right with my face shape. But I actually really like how it turned out!
Don’t forget to let me know what you think of todays look!
Until next time