When thinking about makeup look ideas, one colour which never really comes to mind is blue. It’s never a colour I naturally reach for or tend to use a lot. This time though, I was totally stuck for ideas, I wanted to do something a little different. So I fetched out my colourful palettes. (a couple from Färg Collection and some from Morphe Brushes) Then just picked a colour I hadn’t used before, which ended up being Scilla, this deep royal blue shade, from the Blomsterpalett from Färg Collection. I had absolutely no idea what look I was going to create but at least now I had a starting point.
I ended up with this royal blue glitter half cut-crease on the eyes and a navy blue lipstick on the lips. Not a look I would have planned and thought looked good, but I love how well the colours compliment each other! Sometimes the best looks are the ones that come out of nowhere, building from one specific product or colour!
I also used a couple of products for the first time on camera so I thought I’d give a little review as I went through the products. If theres any product/s you want a full review on then just let me know!
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer; 05 as primer
- Färg Collection Blomsterpaletten; Lila Syrén & Scilla
- Jaclyn Hill X Morphe Brushes palette; Twerk
- Stilla Magnificent Metal; Diamond Dust
- The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer
- I love pore-refining, smoothing primers and this one is a really nice example of one of these! It’s also really good quality for the price point!
- Maybelline Fit Me Luminous & Smooth foundation; 110
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer; Neutraliser
- Ben Nye Translucent Powder
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Milani Baked Blush; Luminoso
- Sleek highlighting Palette; Solstice
- Anastasia Beverly Hills X Amrezy Highlighter
- WOW! I’ve been using this highlighter non-stop since I got it! I absolutely love it! It seriously is blinding, especially when I layer some of the Sleek Solstice palette over the top (as they’re a touch lighter than the Amrezy).
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray; Aloe Vera, Herbs & Rosewater
- This isn’t something which is new, but it’s still one of my holy grails! It’s perfect for before makeup, after makeup and perfect for those makeup free days!
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick; Medusa
- This was the first time I’d wore this lip colour paired with an eye look because to be honest I had no clue what to wear with it before now. It really is a stunning colour! But definitely more of a statement lip colour, nothing that would go unnoticed.
Sometimes it’s pretty easy to get stuck in your routines, especially when it comes to makeup. Which is one of the reasons why I love buying ‘wearable’ more neutral makeup but I always push myself to buy more daring colours. So then, on days like this when I have no idea what to do I can just pick a crazy eyeshadow colour, or crazy lip colour and base an entire look around it!
There will also be a video of this look up on my instagram within the next few days! I still have no idea how to get it into my blog, so if anyone else knows i’d be super grateful if you could let me know!
Until next time,
Connect with me on:
or through email: email@example.com